SAT / ACT Program Instructor
Mathmatters is seeking for skilled and engaging SAT and ACT prep tutors to work part-time or full-time. Each tutor must be comfortable with teaching in a setting for 5+ students and must be both engaging and motivated to work with kids.
Mathmatters is a tutoring center with 2 branch locations and 1 main headquarters. Our main purpose is to create custom tutoring sessions that fit into student learning pace. We believe that every child can succeed and should be given the opportunity to do so. With courses in SAT/ACT prep, SHSAT prep, regents prep, state exam prep, and other iterative courses. At MathMatters we even have events that will boost student’s confidence in their skills and themselves.
At Mathmatter, you will work with our staff to create a unique class experience for our programs that consist of a small classroom setting. Upon passing the interview, our training and hiring process is then executed and highly selective due to us wanting the best for our community and clients. When classes start, all materials will be provided to ensure a smooth class setting.
- Supervise, interact with and motivate students during instruction hour while they work with equipment and materials
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Create, plan, and deliver curriculum and lesson plans for scholars to understand the structure of the exam, test-taking strategies, key knowledge and skills
- Tutors work with the same students on a weekly basis.
- A passion for teaching
- Any teaching or tutoring experience, no previous test prep tutoring experience is necessary
- Ability to develop a learning plan that will simplify and deconstruct the test
- Confidence tutoring students in both the reading/writing and math sections of the SAT/ACT/SHSAT
- SAT/ ACT scores in the 95 or higher percentile. Please put down your SAT score on your resume.
- Must be punctual and have strong work ethics.
- Ability to personalize lessons for each student
- Experienced teacher with class management skill is preferred
- Bachelor’s (Preferred) or are currently in college +
How to Apply:
Please send us a resume and cover letter for a follow-up interview.